As Bread That Is Broken
Many hearts are hungry tonight
Many trapped in darkness
Yearn for the light
So many who are far from home
And many who are lost
O Lord Your wounded children need
The power of Your cross
Chrous:
As bread that is broken
Use our lives
As wine that is poured out
A willing sacrifice
Empower us Father
To share the love of Christ
As bread that is broken Lord
Use our lives
Help us to begin where we are
Help us love the people
Near to our hearts
Then give our faith a mission field
Wherever You may call
Lord love Your world
Through each of us
Until we've touched them all
(Chorus 2x)
As wine that is poured out
As bread that is broken Lord
Use our lives
This was another song which made me tear the first time I heard it, it's a painful reminder of so many around us who are still lost. Pastor Eddy's message today about feeling worthless and restless struck a thought that sometimes actually I feel that way too. Yet the Lord cares even for the sparrows, surely He has a greater plan and purpose for me. For you. For each and everyone of us.
I broke my toothbrush holder in the morning, it was given to me by my primary school friend. In primary One, she was the one who encouraged me to go the Sunday school with her. It was at Sunday school where I learnt about Christ and His love for me. Yet slowly, she slipped away from the path. I wonder how she is now. I see her parents at church, but I never get to see her and her sister around anymore.
Lord, I pray for her. Draw her back into your loving arms, enter her life again. Show her that there is so much more on earth than materials. Materials which will tarnish and fade away.
heh did you notice that im typing with caps at the beginning of sentences! (the irony: this sentence isnt ._.)
And I will remember the pain that You endured at the cross; help me to persevere, help me as i grit my teeth, help me overcome all this. Teach me to love, teach me to serve, teach me to see what lies beyond, teach me to live like You, teach me to live like the ant (thanks for the email amanda, it was a wonderful insight).
The Ant and the feather
"Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!"
"One morning," writes Ron Clarke, "I wasted nearly an hour watching a tiny ant carry a huge feather across my back terrace. Several times it was confronted by obstacles in its path and after a momentary pause it would make the necessary detour.
"At one point the ant had to negotiate a crack in the concrete about 10mm wide. After brief contemplation the ant laid the feather over the crack, walked across it and picked up the feather on the other side then continued on its way.
"I was fascinated by the ingenuity of this ant—one of God's smallest creatures. Here was a minute insect, lacking in size yet equipped with a brain to reason, explore, discover and overcome."
Can you imagine God telling us to learn from an ant? So what can we learn? Ants are determined, they are not afraid to work to achieve their goals, they work as a team, they think through and work to overcome the challenges thrown in their pathway, and they never give up. But most of all they teach us about the marvels of God's creation.
wake up, and reach for the stars!
amidst all this, i will find my way.
F O C U S, X I A O E N . it's time to set priorities right.
No comments:
Post a Comment