Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello, Mr Cow! :D

 

Happy_Chinese_New_Years_by_To_fu

I love Chinese New Year!!! (: Dong dong dong chiang, dong dong dong chiang, dong dong chiang, dong chiang, dong chiangggggggggg :D In one day alone, I reckon I’ve eaten enough to run 3 marathons. Ps, did you know? One pineapple tart = 350 calories; 350 calories = 25 mins on treadmill = 5km run! I wonder how many bakkwas(sp?) I had yesterday…

Anyways! I met many relatives whom I never knew were my relatives!!! :D HAHAH eh but really leh, first time meeting them and knowing that they exist. O: I’ve this relative who looks like Danlee! Minus the specs :D Oh oh oh! Aaaaaaaaaaand there were 2 little girls (who, yes, are a part of my ‘never-known-before’ relatives) who were absolutely adorable. (; I carried the younger one! They have pretty names, Tiffany and Tricia :D Aw man, even the names look so pretty together. Hooray for Chinese New Year, that everyone can have a chance, albeit once a year, to gather together and get to talk and catch up with each other :D

And for all the nice fooooooood too! :D Learnt that it’s a Henghwa tradition to eat meesua (面线) on the first day of Chinese New Year(: I’m not Henghwa (er, it’s a dialect group fyi :D), but my mom is! Cantonese here, by the way (; (AND YOURS TRULY CAN SPEAK (NOT-THAT-GOOD-BUT-ALRIGHT) CANTONESE :D) I think it’s quite sad how traditions get diluted. And they will only continue to dilute further.. SO MY FRIENDS, we should all try to learn as much as we can from our parents and grandparents to uphold the culture! :D *signals glowing aura all around* Hmm, but sometimes, some of the Chinese practice clashes with our beliefs, those we don’t really take note. Like how you shouldn’t sweep the floor during CNY (cos you’ll sweep out all the good fortune). My dad just swept the living room clean cos there was love letter crumbs all over :D

Eh, alot of people have been telling me they want to come my house during CNY. (Apart from the ice milo, Charmaine..) I think the main appeal of my house is.. *drumroll please* MY DAD :D He’s quite famous among my friends O: (notorious, rather?) HAHAHAH my papa is very cute (:

Oh, at my grandma’s house, my cousin suddenly remembered that they had a Wii (yes, they got the Wii for free and happily left it at a corner - -“ ), so we took it out and set it up! :D It took quite a while to figure out, but yay it worked in the end :D THE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WAS SO FUN SO FUN WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!! rhyming eh. We played Wii Sports! Started with tennis :D my cousin totally own(ed) the game man (: It looked pretty easy, so I went next! Um, turned out that it wasn’t haha. Aiyah, anyways I lost the match (and every subsequent match thereafter. Practice doesn’t make perfect all the time ): ) OOH THEN WE PLAYED BOXING :D so fun so fun so fun! [: punch punch punch. hit hit hit. box box box! I found my niche (; It’s fun-er then Street Fighter and Meepit VS Feepit! (Oh did I mention I went back to playing Neopets?) All in all, Wii really does make you sweat (: It can train your arm muscles too! Yay I can have excuse to play nearing NAPFA :D Whoosh, A for Inclined Pull! (; Eh, but the legs don’t really get to work as much.

The dog was a bit conky the whole afternoon, I suppose he was jealous cos all of us kept eating and eating and his ‘watery puppy eyes’ trick didn’t work. The entire family spoils the dog too much! He attempted to bite alot of people D:

Watched the Little Nyonya reunion special (: Quite nice lah, considering I never watched the drama series (: Ou Xuan’s popularity has soaaaaaaaaaaaared alot. Joanne Peh never got a chance to speak O: Pierre Png was charming and funny as usual (:

Okay don’t know what else to blog already :D BYEBYE(: (sorry for very abrupt ending! O: )

No comments: