Sunday, April 05, 2009

Title-less!

‘Ve got stuff to post, but am feeling a leetle lazy to. Will try to get as much out before the blogging bug leaves me!

Anyhow! Enrolment Ceremony 2009 yesterday; honestly there was a lot going through my mind whilst standing there. A major mish-mash of emotions. Sec One doesn’t feel that long ago, really. First CCA session in Guides wasn’t too long ago, y’know. Hmmm… (I remember Claire, my PL, Jiayun was my Sec 3, and then there was Zihui… and who else?)

Oh, on that note; it’s difficult not to be senior-conscious and all that. We’re all very naturally afraid of seniors, but I really wish I’d got to know my seniors better then. Don’t really have much impression of Claire, really, but hopefully she’s still happy wherever she is now, maybe she’s forgotten me already. I was really afraid of Anna in Sec 1, (and still am.) It was a fear out of fear and awe. She’d stand in front of the company and count down, then down 1, down 2, down 3… And it’s weird, cos’ I do that now too. But a lot of other stuff are different too. Stuff that I’d never really imagine my seniors do. The way our batch has led the company is very different, some things have improved for the better, but there are others also, which have a way to go in improving. (: ‘Ve got slightly less than 2 months before we let go and pass on gradually, gotta do the best that we can.

Seeing the new Guides receive their trefoils from the Guiders made me feel really funny inside. I remember Miss Ong (then, now Mdm Ong) pinning the trefoil on me. And that trefoil’s been pinned on my uniform for the past four years now, from my first parade, to Farewell’08, when suddenly a realisation hit me that I’d become the CL of the company.

I wanted to join netball or modern dance in Sec 1; and honestly speaking, I’ve had quite a few bouts of regrets about not doing so. I might not even be here in NYGG today if floorball’d successfully started as a CCA in Nanyang when I was in Sec 2 (was it Sec 1 or 2? Can’t rem.).

But looking back, I’m glad I stuck around. I doubt I’d be the Xiaoen I am now if I wasn’t in Guides. (Goodness, wonder what I’d be man!) Haha! Subconsciously, unknowingly, being a part of this entire company/family’s shaped me into who I am now. I don’t know, in many different ways; acceptance, the way I see things, view people, do stuff… Guides has taught me a lot, through seniors, Guiders, batchmates, juniors also. And I’m really really thankful. Nearing the end of four years already,(factoring in semi-retirement mode) it’s quite fuzzy and nice looking back. Four years’ been a long time, then again not that long, but I hope my juniors will be able to cherish and gain as much as they can in their four years also. Soon the Sec 1s who’ve just officially enrolled will become seniors who’ll be teaching their juniors. Our batch has agreed to try our best to stay active even after we  graduate! Hopefully we’ll still be able to meet up and come back.

 

Aiyoeh, the blogging bug is flying away already lah! Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy. Some other random stuff, will just list them in point form-

- Am so disappointed with Celia in America’s Next Top Model! Bleargh but I think she regretted telling Tyra also lah. Episode 6 looks sour. Hopefully the challenge/photoshoot will be nice though.
- Was reading Wong Lilin’s blog just now. Her blog is really really nice to read man! Love her posts. She looks awesome on the 8Days cover too, btw.
- The Ellen Degeneres brings a lot of joy to my life.
- CIP today was really cool (sorry, can’t think of a better word!). Will gladly volunteer myself if there’s another food drive next time! It’s amazing how every little beetle thingy all added up to make this MASSIVE collection. Every little bit counts. And Singaporeans are not that bad, lah! :D Right foot/ankle was hurting quite badly in the morning, but gave up in the middle of distributing flyers and pulled out the ankle guard. Whoo but it’s better now, I think all the walking twisted it back to normal. Rah I want to go learn contemporary dance!
- Swapped MSN names with Sandy yesterday; it was hilarious man. Will need to refer to convo log, can’t remember the details. Will post on your blog soon man!
- Agreed to something which might possibly be the craziest thing that can happen in my life so far. Will update on sunbeamm after Tuesday lol! Exciting~
- PGA’s coming up real soon! Oh oh there’s PSLC also! (Evelyn…~)

 

Aiyoeh this post is abit here there everywhere. Whoo can you see my effort in typing in proper English and cutting down on smileys! I am adjusting so that it doesn’t become such a bad habit that I’d feel like writing short forms, lower case and drawing smileys in exam papers. I used to blog in lower case for everything, including names, left out the apostrophe in ‘dont’ ‘wont’ ‘cant’ also. Wrong wrong wrong! Proper English man.

Have gazillion photos to upload on sunbeamm, batch blog and company website. Will do so hopefully soon. Ooh was looking through image gallery in my handphone just now, many interesting photos, will share soon. Got quite a few interesting shots at Enrolment and CIP too. Aiyoeh people always shy away from my camera, make me so sad. Must smile and be sporting leh! Bleargh I want to get a camera with a faster shutter speed! Really cool ones, then I can sneak up on people and catch them in their natural state. Muhahahaha. I want to master the art of taking people before they can react.

I owe many people birthday presents! Cherynn’s Huier’s Charmaine’s birthdays are coming up! Sian I’m still quite a long way to go before I turn sixteen. Ah ah ooh ooh Nanyang Netball got in Nationals Round 2! *screams cheers and hops around* THAT’S SO AWESOME RIGHT. Hopefully things will continue to go well for them and history will be re-written!

Yawn this wasn’t meant to be a long post but it turned out to be one.
Farewell, friends.

No comments: