Quick post cos’ I really ought to be sleeping.
Along with 8Days this week came a Movie Junkie Guide. And attached is the list of movies that I really really wanna catch ): Hahaha! Any kind soul out there willing to sponsor a movie marathon or smth? (:
*Xiaoen manages her brightest smile*
- Night at the Museum 2
- Dance Subaru
- Imagine That
- The Soloist
- The Proposal
- Whatever Works
- Julie & Julia
- Up
- Ice Age 3
- Where the Wild Things Are
Anyhow, I wanted to post a super long photo post with all the GOBO10 photos, but the comp died on me halfway. A tad of a bummer to reselect the photos and add in all the captions, will do it another day. {:
‘Ve got a lot of photos to post man! Sooooooooooooon :D (I know, I know. I’ve been saying this for a long time now…)
It’s the June holidays I really don’t know what to make of it. Studies-wise, The Report Book (Wow that looks good.) is a real bummer this time. I have, obviously, failed myself big time. It is quite painful and devastating but I really do hope for some sorta miracle or uplift in Semester Two. But judging from my current disillusioned state, change is slow. Indeed, if you are an expert at telling tone through words it is apparent that I sound pretty numbed. Yes numbed is the word. It’s almost like I’ve gotten used to all this crap but really Xiaoen, you can do much more. Get your life back.
Anyways to all you fellow beings out there on the planet you are not alone sometimes our problem seems like a huge bummer but honestly when put into perspective they’re not that great y’know. Somehow, somewhat you can make a change and your life lies in your own hands man.
Oh shut up, Xiaoen.
On a happier note..
Nikon D300
No, I do not have one. I wish I did, though! But who knows, I might have one in time to come, hopefully! If I win the NDP photo contest, that is! One of my shots’ve got some chance, I feel! Hmm maybe not the first. The second or third prize will be great too (: I should never have agreed to use Caijing’s DSLR ): It is addictive. Addictive, friends. Once you’ve tasted meat, you never wanna eat vegetables again. (Sorry that was an attempt at some form of analogy. I love vegetables, btw. (: ‘Cept eggplants.) The hilarious/interesting thing to note is, my four photos (hopes of winning a DSLR) are buried amongst this person’s collection of photos. And this person so happens to be named. “Xiao En”. I mean, what a better name right?! Win. He/She uploaded an entire collection/series of photos from some school adventure camp or sorts, it’s quite um, cool.
The four photos from the right in the third row are mine! (: Whoooooo. I think the red umbrella one stands a chance :/ Hopefully, hopefully (: Am amateur at this, but I think it’s fun! (: If that one wins I’ll have to give Huier credit too, that’s her umbrella! Haha!
Nikon D300…~ Can you imagine that? Wow.
Speaking of photography, I shall cleverly link to my next point! Am contented as for now to snap away with my happy little compact digi (: Mm I should give my camera a name (: Mary? Freddy? Wendy? Jill? Jack? Freddy the camera :D Hehe so cute. Pop over some ideas for the name if you have some!
Man, I think I’m not too bad at taking photos leh (: (Cherynn might beg to differ but who cares. I take better photos than her.) Photos capture so many memories (: I like looking through The Collection from time to time; seeing how we’ve all grown/changed… Batchies, 212, 410… Over the years friendships have changed too. Some have diluted, some have, like wine, become mellow and rich with time. Friendships take time and energy to maintain, sometimes they die down, but I’m really glad that I have some friends who’ve been around for a long time, and for a long time to come. (: Yall know who you are.
It was very fuzzy wuzzy watching the montage with the rest of the company on friday. Man, I’ve rewatched that vid about fifty times while processing the montage, but sitting in the pitch-dark LT and being able to share all those memories with all those who’re a part of This Family… it’s very amazing you know. I’ll gladly continue to snap snap snap away till the end of 2009, when we officially leave Nanyang Guides. Half a year left to capture smiles, memories, tears, fun and laughter (:
Talentime’09 was coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. 8) Was particularly impressed with the Sec1s and 2s man! I thought they were really awesome (: Quotes Amanda (from Britain’s Got Talent), “It was like looking in the mirror.” Dances were good man, as good as I am! Hahahaha! ;D Sec4s didn’t get to showcase our wonderful dancing/singing skills, but we had good fun moving along to “Stand by Me” all the same. Hopefully we’ll get to blow the juniors away at Farewell’09 or something! >) Oh speaking of the funny korean “Stand by Me” song, for people who are enquiring if I watch Boys Over Flowers, I don’t. There’s been this huge craze over korean men recently, all the photos and ooooh aaahs goo goo gaa gaas on blogs everywhere. Hopefully it wouldn’t get to me too soon man. Oh back to the topic, Talentime’09. Woah there were splits cartwheels dominos and all, it was quite spectacular man! I want to learn how to split leh ): Swensen’s ice-cream voucher is so cooooooooooooooooooool man. Double cool triple cool! :D Batch06 should totally go for ice-cream buffet some day, voucher or not. We’ll lick the restaurant clean. Oh Chinwen and I delivered a rendition of “Apologise” too, it deserved a full house standing ovation, really, with my beautifully executed interpretive dance as well.
Oh speaking of vocals/singing/superstardom! The NYSuperstar/NYGefang people emailed me hahahahah wow so exciting lah! :D But replied with a turn-down, cos I really don’t think time will allow extra commitments with PGA and all that catching up to do. It was a wonderful compliment, all the same! Looking forward to hear the rest sing at FOA pre-event lineups (: Can I quote them here and sound really egoistic? Okay I shall. :B “It would be sad not to have you with us. Nonetheless, we would like to tell you your voice is spectacular for an acapella performance. We look forward to working with you in other possible opportunities.” Ahahahahaha! Singapore Idol beckons. (The commercial is hilarious, btw!)
This post is so wordy I bet you’re asleep by now. Hello gooooooooooood morning! Hopefully the next post will be a happy photo post so look forward to it man! Xiaoen has not given up on the “Revelation of Evelyn & Cherynn Campaign” (Xiaoen declares her immense love for Evelyn Tan.) Okey doke, am off to bed. This post is too long to be titled ‘musings’ but I can’t be bothered for another title. Oh yeah, Circle Line’s a blast! It was super exciting man like a roller coaster hahahahahah :D I will attempt to beat Wannqin’s record of 5 rides on the Circle Line in the next two weeks. Hehe at least I won a free notebook (; Xiaoen is extremely proud of the Singapore Transport System and is even proud-er to be a Singaporean (: (Pardon the sudden burst of patriotism, it must be the NDP website. Or perhaps it’s the Nikon D300.) Xiaoen is tired, Xiaoen bids farewell. Studying session tmrw, hopefully I’ll get some work done, clear some doubts and come up with a plan or sorts, perhaps finally find some direction.
Peace. Adios.
No comments:
Post a Comment