Thursday, November 12, 2009

an attempt to pen down some thoughts before they leave me.

So... Er hello (:

GAH sunbeamm is getting very boring I sincerely apologise for the lack of updates and photos. will get about to revamp stuff as soon as I lay hands on the new laptop.. which will hopefully be a mac. Hah! :D

I feel very tech-crippled right now because, as the earlier post mentioned, technology has been failing me... and um, I just lost my digital camera. Which er contains all the photos from Farewell'09. Sigh.

Kind souls, if you see a Sony Cybershot Compact somewhere around... It's white and is kept in a lime green casing (that isn't very lime green anymore 'cos it's very dirty - -") and there's a memory stick in the casing as well. PLEASE RETURN IT TO ME ):

Shucks man I get this feeling I won't have as much luck as the hard disk. (thanks Tania, again!) Anyways, the camera was last seen.. in the backstage of the hall? I remember rushing backstage after level closure and dumping my handphone, script and camera on a random table.

AAAAAAAH ):

Never mind. I am very bored. And am losing interest in the Internet.

Anyways, as the title goes.. Here's an attempt to pen down some thoughts before they leave me.





The past four years in Nanyang has been good. Pretty eventful, I must say. Friends have come and gone, time has passed and faded away. Like Michael Jackson's signature, indeed, all is Gone Too Soon.

In the past four years, we've all struggled to forge some kind of identity. We came into Secondary School in NY thinking we were pretty matured kids. Well at least I did. P6 days seem kinda fuzzy and far away.. But bits and pieces still remain. It was difficult, honestly, to start from the bottom of the ladder again in Sec 1. Because you'd think that you're quite good with all the experience you've garnered. We were wrong. Because the past four years have taught me so much. And as we stand here, thinking and feeling like we know a lot.. I doubt I'll feel the same way four years down the road.

Still, heck about what lies ahead. Bask in this freeze frame as we all try to recount, clumsy it may be, the good days we've had. It's strange and funny that I have, fortunately or unfortunately, established some sorta comedic image with the rest of the school in this last year as a Sec 4. Barbarella, Prince.. ?!

On a sidenote, can I please add that none of the script for Prince's act came from me. I promise. None. Of. It.
Except the Miss Kiap one. "From Butterfly Park Primary School, please welcome.... MISS KIAP! *do exaggerated butterfly flapping action*" Only that one.
Tan Yan Ni has very acquired humour. Like Huili. 'Cept hers is a lot lame-r. You live up to your presidential campaign speech, Yanni! I vow never to do anything as lame as that again. Ever.

I sound very monotonous.. Shall inject the rest of this with exclamation marks!
Like that! Like yo! Yo! Wassup, yo!


Fail.

I think I've grown quite a lot stage-wise in the four years. Performing is quite exciting, really. In Sec 1, it was the funny skit we put up during LSC'06, which garnered us a third position. (: That was the first script I wrote in NY! Can't remember the details at all, though; if only we captured that.

Then in Sec 2 there was OM. Ohmygosh (and that sounds very bimbotic) we a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y disliked that at first. Like BLEARGHHHHHHHH-with-a-tongue-sticking-out-face kinda dislike! Shucks man that was in Sec 2, feels like my group members were just over at my house making props yesterday. Thank you for the memories, Sylvia, Carissa, Evelyn, Celine, Tabitha. (: We rocked it. Though we were 0.4 (?) points away from the trophy which SCGS eventually took away, we were winners. And then there was the teachers' day performance that same year, where Phua Chu Kang revived and took the stage. Together with nerdy Hwa Chong boys who were in love with Nanyang girls, the Singapore Airlines and all. 212 owned it man. I think I would have been impressed looking at us.

In Sec 3... er there wasn't anything much. Right? Oh I remember our Wu Niang dance though! Haha! Batch'06's item during the NYGG Teachers' Day Concert. And the lame magic tricks. Epic fail. Epic funny! EH, I still have the video of our performance! I can't upload itttttttttttt keeps failing ): Er.. it's in the hard disk, which is currently spoilt.

Oh there was the Kang Xi and Humpty Dumpty performance in Sec 2 also! Hahahahah sudden recollection. Video's with me as well.. In Sec 2 we also had the sandwich-making competition which we owned. (Y)

And the Salad-making & Skipping Competition in Sec 3. We owned the salad-making too.

Thank God for awesome classes the past four years. 112 '06, 212 '07, 310 '08, 410 '09. Thank you for being so darn amazing and for not having any politics. It's almost like I grew up in Kampongs the past 4 years, with cool simple friends who genuinely cared for one another. Love (:


Okay this post is getting very long; am off to eat my curry puff and then to hit the sack. Will be back soon, hopefully. With cooler stuff, hopefully. A lot more to pen down, on CCA, teachers, friends, and people.

As for now, HUUUUGE day tmrw. Hopefully it doesn't rain and that all will go well (:

I need to find my camera and get my hard disk fixed.

Adios!

No comments: