Woke up at 10 today, finally had decent rest after 4 days of sleeping past 2am. Horrible, horrible. And the worst thing is, I really don't know why I've been sleeping so late. Horrific, unwelcomed re-enactment of the dark past. I swear I will not lapse back into that kind of lifestyle again. Talk about sloth.
ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY (: Today was quite cool, family decided to go out! :D Our family usually stays home and bums around on public holidays, 'cos we're so small and the inertia's too great. I kinda envy those families that go out and like play/picnic/adventure/run-in-the-sun. We don't do that much really! And I think another reason's 'cos there's only one of me - -" My theory holds that most families that do such stuff have got SIBLINGS.
Seriously, how fun can things be with only one child?! Aiyah prejudiced view but I don't care. Only-childs reading this what's your take!
Seriously, how fun can things be with only one child?! Aiyah prejudiced view but I don't care. Only-childs reading this what's your take!
Had lunch/brunch at my childhood place at Toa Payoh (: Toa Payoh is such a quaint place I really do like it a lot. My parents both stayed there when they were young and when I was a baby. We walked around and some of the old places/shops/stalls are still around. The food at TP's really (Y) I heart food! Hawker centres are the best. Good to go there with friends/lots of people. Eat non-stop. :D I always order soya bean + chin chow when I go to hawker centres! :D :D :D Yum. Fried you-tiao in the morning tastes goooooooooooood. I like you-tiao!!!
Talk about hungry.
Went to Gran's afterwards (: Spent 2 hours looking through photos from the official photographer at my cousin's wedding. Will post 'em up soon! My photos are nicer than the photographer's. His photo composition's not very nice eh. I think I've quite a keen photographer's eye, should develop my potential. (: On a sidenote, I'm so glad I went for the photography talk on Wednesday! Willy Foo's really genuine (and kinda cute) and his shots are breathtaking and inspiring. I wanna take photos like that too. (:
Then mommy and I went to Ikea! To get flowers for Sunday! :D Going for Dancenight with teammates coming Sunday night! We're gonna flood Pinghui with love. (: The gerberas are so pretty!
(Man what a shallow-sounding post HAHAHA. Nyehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.)
Ikea is an amazing place. I know I've blogged about this before right! But I really looooooooooove Ikea! Can spend hours and hours and hours there. There, meaning Alexandra branch. Tampines = ... O: ! AND THE MEATBALLS. AND HOTDOG BUN. AND FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
I don't mind working part-time in Ikea during school breaks in the future man (: Wanna see what goes on inside (:
Anyhow, have you ever wondered, "HOW TO PRONOUNCE IKEA AH?" Fret not, the power of Google has generated the answer.
Well, actually Yahoo, since this is taken off Yahoo answers -
If you want to pronounce it in Swedish, since it's a Swedish company, correct pronounciation is EE-KEH-AH, stress 2nd syllable.
IKEA means Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd. Ingvar Kamprad's the name of the founder of IKEA, the last two words are names of the villages where he grew up and started his business.
Ta-da! The Singaporeans have been pronouncing it wrongly all along! Haha. What a surprise. Not. Oh but the Americans too, really. The Americans mostly pronounce IKEA as EYE-KEE-YER. But yes, the Swedes' is really the most correct! IKEA ftw! :D
Okay for the last time, (until I visit that place again) I love Ikea :D
Moving on :D :D :D Our new neighbours invited us for dinner! They're really really nice and we had a really good time (: Had dinner at Long Beach restaurant, Dempsey's. First time there. The food was quite nice (: WE HAD CRABS i love all things seafood! Prawns! Fish! Lobster! Scallop! Sashimiiiiiiiiiiii! Except sea cucumber O: Woof meow moo, sea cucumber is gross.
I think this is the start of a good many years to come with our new neighbours and for the many more outings/meals to come! Hahahaha they're a young couple and I think the wife (her name is Claire) and I click quite well we're going running along the running track behind my house sometime soon haha! They remind me of Aunty Kelly and Uncle Barry. I miss Aunty Kelly ): Wonder how she is now and if she remembers me. She used to comb my hair nice and smooth and teach me all the Chinese poems :D Wherever you are now, hope you're happy and well (:
It's so sad when your only form of contact with another person is but memories. ): But with the advent of technology actually this will increasingly decline I think. The talk by Willy Foo the other day talked about digital cameras. Do you know/Can you remember that digital cameras only came to existence circa 2002? That's only 8 years ago! And the first digital camera was some 2 megapixel compact camera. That's freaking amazing look at how much technology's advanced! Quite scary too, really.
Wheeeeeeee okay continue and then we went to Daiso together! :D Claire said she spends a lot of time at Daiso but she couldn't beat me in the end HAHAHA (: Had such a hard time resisting the urge to bring the whole shop home! I bought a lot a lot of paper + art + gift supplies shall make presents soon! :D Shall take out my shrinking plastic to play soon too. Love pretty paper :D
That's itttttttttttttttttttttttttt the first day of June hols has been quite an amazing one! Training and CIP tomorrow, hope all goes well! Quite a lot of people to catch up with this holiday too. Have been neglecting you guys 'cos of training and all, I'll make it up! :D You know who you are hahaha we'll all catch up soon lah :D Wanna talk!
Friendships take so much time and energy to maintain. And pro-activeness. Like, extra effort needs to be put in to maintain 'em and to find out what's going on in each others' lives. But sometimes it'll be quite sad when, while catching up, you realise perhaps the other person's changed. Perhaps a shift in perspective, character, personality, priority. I think we're all close(st) to the people we spend the most time with.
Okay it's 12:26 'm off to bed! Have a great weekend and a productive, wonderful June holiday (:
No comments:
Post a Comment