Okay short post before I hit the sack... Really need to get some sleep before my battery runs dry.
/Edit: Hahaha my random title above is so cute :D
Anyway, past few days have been pretty packed. Promo papers returned, Ares Grad Day, PSL Camp etc etc. Timetable has been rather weird though, PW lessons are like free periods for the guys in class lah. Okay but my PW group's rather on-task and I'm so thankful for my group! Our WR's more or less done and sealed and submitted, I guess? In the stage of preparing for OP now. I'm so worried/nervous for OP! Public speaking in front of an audience is okay for me, but I dislike scrutiny and graded assessments!!! And I keep feeling like I'm going to screw up Q&A. Must. Remember. To. Stay. Calm. And. Think. Logically! I phail at debates - -" Always say stupid stuff hahahaha. I rem Sec 3 (or 4)'s interclass debate competition semi-finals was just epic lah. Huier and I... were... rather awesome. Hahahaha.
Promo results... I'm rather okay with my results. To begin with, I don't harbour high hopes for my own academic performance, so the amount of relief and sheer gratitude when I pass a subject is really just... yeah. I think everyone has different yardsticks, so we shouldn't be so quick to judge and impose our own way of thinking on other people's results. Say, I could be expecting to get a U for math. But I didnt. I got an S. ( :D ) And for someone else, it might be different. Each man for his own.
Checked ISP and I'M REALLY HAPPY WITH MY GEOG RESULTS!!! I didn't know I did so well! Human geog saved me and thank God physical geog didn't pull the overall down by too much... even though I got 5 / 25 for my essay. Zzz... But yay! Thank God.
Other subjects... well, failed Lit paper 1. As usual. Need to do better next year. Miss Teo offered to help me in Lit over the hols so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I really want to know what I'm doing wrongly/not doing and be able to write like how a Lit student writes. (ie. 4 - 5 pages of flowing essays like my classmates!!) Okay hahahaha a bit ambitious. Aiyah.
But okay I will be a J2 next year :D Promotional criteria met. (Y) Though I don't really want to be a J2, really, but yupz.
Went back to NY for PSL camp. Ah Nanyang feels foreign but familiar and a lot of memories drifted back as we went around the different places... Different people, different activities etc. I could really almost feel and see myself as a NY girl again... doing the things that we were doing. Lessons, recesses, Guides, camps, PSL. A lot of things... Wow but I really like the swanky cool new stuff around the campus! The juniors don't think it's anything much, but I was really literally swooning over the mad, shiny, clean, white new canteen tables and benches.
As a senior, you'll always tend to be more critical towards your juniors. Esp if they're doing the things that you've done before. It's like a 'been there, done that' kinda mentality. EXCO'08 felt so... recent! And I'm really secretly quite proud of us 'cos we kinda revolutionalised PSL camp/PSL. I thought (and still think) our camp was the best hahahaha okay shut up Xiaoen. But yeah anyway everyone goes through the mill to learn and I thought it was just time to let them learn and do their stuff. Things didn't turn out too bad anyway. (: And it's a really cool feeling to see able juniors who can lead and hold their positions well (Y) And have juniors coming up to you, "Hi! Do you remember me? You were the PSL who led my family on the school tour during Open House/in charge of my class in Sec 1!" Wow teachers must get a lot of these... especially so for those who teach for a really long time. Love this feeling (Y). Reason number #256 to fulfill my ambition hahaha. (256 is a random number.)
Thought that some still lack the basic qualities though. I get rather annoyed with non-proactive people. Those who know what to do, but don't do it. Worse, those that don't even know that there's something to be done. But at the end there are some who learn and remember and move on to do bigger things. And some who just stay there for a really loooooooooooong time...
The conference room was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo colddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. (Slept there at night.) Oh my goodness seriously. Brrrrrr.
Night trail was quite funny hahaha I think I was rather phail but okay I tried my best. Uniform top + FBTs... aren't very convincing as a ticket collector. Gave up trying to act and spoke to the groups in a normal, deep, low voice instead. All while keeping a straight face. I think being able to keep a straight face, no matter what the scenario, is a super important skill a leader should have hahaha (: Steph was sweating/ melting/ melting/ evaporating/ condensing/ water-cycle-repeats-itself in the beautiful trash bag (Joey what's your grade for Art?). But it was a nice, long, good 2 hours. I'm glad I swapped stations (though that might've come across as a bit annoying and wishy-washy hahahaha sorry Liyi) - Had a good long talk with Steph; about her niece, school, people, yadayada... Yay hahaha (:
And then at the end of the night trail, people STILL suspected me as the murderer. Like, wth?! No matter what role, somehow I'll always be suspected. T_T Zzz. Oh hahaha I think some groups might've thought I was a ticket collector with violent tendencies 'cos I shouted "SHUDDUPPPPPPPPPPP!" at those groups that were singing and shouting and screaming - -"
Hahahaha I love night trails. Though they freak the freak outta me too.
Grad day went quite well (: Chinese school song's really quite hard to sing though. ._. Was thinking how I'd feel next year graduating. I always tear up a leetle during montages. Feel so dumb. ._.
Okay I should go and sleep now it's 1:30 (:
Happy sabbath!
No comments:
Post a Comment