Okaaaaaaaaaaay this was in my dashboard for so long - -" Hehehehe photos from Universal with Hazel and Zongxian :D It was awesomeeeeeeee :D
Whoo! It was really really really really fun! :D :D :D And there were roller coasters - -" And dinosaurs! And Shrek, Donkey, Pirates, Mummies... It was awesome man. Yay really thankful for the free ticket there! Hehehehe all YOG volunteers were given free tickets to Universal <:)
Monorail (is that what it's called?) to Sentosa!
The last time I went Sentosa must be a really long time ago...
I thought we had to enter by cable car (and was feeling really excited about it you know.)
Ah beng.
Dr. Teng :D
It was mad crowded at Universal, but the order and crowd control was really impressive. Queues proceeded smoothly and we often waited less than the estimated time. Brilliant. (: It was seriously pretty darn cool. Like a fantasy land, right from the minute you step into the place!
:D
Really makes Singapore/Sentosa quite an amazing place. (Y)
Who cares about casinos - -"
Us with the iconic Universal signage!
And... a random person beside us posing.
Hahahaha <:)
You know the thing turns... and you have to stand there and wait for a strategic timing so that the word "Universal" can be seen :D
You know the thing turns... and you have to stand there and wait for a strategic timing so that the word "Universal" can be seen :D
I was seriously rather worried about the roller coasters, 'cos I am seriously phobic of heights and Hazel seriously loves heights. - -" But things worked out rather well in the end, haha! And hey, I'm not afraid of roller coasters anymore! :D I think they're rather fun! :D (Thank God the Battlestar Galactica thing wasn't open though, I think that's a bit beyond me. Next time, perhaps <:) )
The Battlestar thingy! That rollercoaster is MASSIVE.
Huge. Giganticnormous.
But it's been closed for a really long time now ._. Doctor was rather disappointed.
Photo retouched with iPhoto, adjusted for brightness and contrast. Looks pretty cool right <:)
Photo retouched with iPhoto, adjusted for brightness and contrast. Looks pretty cool right <:)
Our first ride for the night was the Revenge of the Mummy one - -" I tell you, I wanted to die before the ride. First time taking roller coaster and I had to do the mummy - -" It was such a long walk in, and I was freaking scared a mummy will just jump out from the coffin and attack me ): There were so many coffins and the lights kept dimming and brightening, dimming and brightening... D: Closed my eyes throughout the entire ride. - -" And I seriously didn't know when it was going up or when it was going down. They felt the same T_T It went backwards, forwards, accelerated, descended, ascended. I don't know man. Was too scared to even scream - -" Just... clung onto Hazel and closed my eyes and gave a muffled scream because I was going to die from fright - -" But before anyone knew it, it was over! :D Hahahahaha wasn't that bad lah, just that the scary voice stuck in my head for a while - -"
This was taken before the ride!
We went for some other rides, like the Canopy Flyer and Enchanted Airways (I think that's what it's called) The Enchanted ride was epic. Hahaha! It's a mini roller coaster in Universal; and on the description it said, "30-second ride designed for kids" (: The 30 seconds was maaaaaaaaaadness I tell ya! Super duper fast! Superrrrrrrrrrrrrr thrilling! When the ride ended, someone shouted from the back, "Eh! Who say this one for kids!" Hahahahaha! Everyone laughed lah! Epic. We went on this ride twice, 'cos it was really really fun! I didn't hold Hazel's hand the second time we went up! (: Yay me :D
OHHHHHHHHHHHH anddddddddddddddd you know, on every single ride we went, we were in the front row. (Y) Seriously. Front of the roller coaster. The Mummy, the Enchanted... - -" Cool or what.
Canopy Flyer! <:)
Crowds/Queue waiting to get onto the Canopy.
The queues moved quickly and smoothly; staff were really efficient and friendly! (:
CAN YOU SEE THE CUTE NO SMOKING SIGN?
HEHEHE GOT DINOSAUR ONE! With a cigarette in its mouth - -"
So funny hahaha!
(People, don't smoke. Seriously.
I don't get why people smoke - -" Let's all stay smoke-free when we grow up (: )
I called this thing a 'bird' the whole time, till Hazel kinda pointed that it was a dinosaur...
Bird.
Need to learn how to look ever-demure like Doctor...
This park-ranger guy was walking around and the dino under his arm moved and made noises!!!
I was really rather fascinated.
Until Zongxian pointed out that his real hand was inside and the arm around was fake.
Bubble burst and stupidity sank in. Hahahaha.
WATERWORLD PERFORMANCE !!!
With the performers :D
Yay :D :D :D
(Okay I know I sound retarded but I don't care hahahaha.)
Er some random people working there we just approached them to ask if we could take a photo together hahaha (:
Damn future-looking shades.
Princess-y party hats, complete with fluff and feathers.
We like. Hahahaha.
DONKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every time I see Donkey Eddie Murphy's voice rings in my head. (Y)
This picture... holds an inside joke HAHAHAHA.
Will be revealed soon.
MORE DONKEY :D (I typed "DINKY" -___-)
Sooooooo gay hahaha!
This photo actually really reminds me of Huili...?
This photo makes me laugh idk why. Donkey is really... (Y).
Er, random people working in the shop... operating the mini ferris wheel :D
Mini ferris wheel.
For kids.
WHICH WE OBVIOUSLY WENT ON :D
Zongxian got forced up the ride with Hazel and I hahahaha.
Too bad.
Random Shrek beside the mini ferris.
DONKEY'S WIFE!!!
Is her name Dragon or smth?
Looks so mama-san.
Puss in boots.
The eyeballs....
(Y)
With the other SSOs who volunteered with us at the cycling events! :D
Fake one. Got no maps.
Can you imagine the amount of money put into building all these things?!?
Castles and what not. It was a really amazing, surreal experience.
Another land altogether.
We went to watch the Shrek 4-D show!!!
It was incredible fun :D :D :D
ENCHANTED AIRWAYS MINI ROLLER :D
"For kids."
(Y)
Donkey-dragon baby!!! I think these little munchkins are really cute.
The Shrek babies freak me out, btw.
Shrek and Fiona! :D
Far, far away...
Yellow Taxi (: Hollywood area (:
Many random vintage cars parked in Hollywood!
Okay finally this post is gonna leave my dashboard. - -" Anyway this YOG experience has been really pretty cool. Thankful for the chance to have volunteered! It's really quite daring for Singapore to take the leap to host the inaugural game. There were some hiccups along the way though, and as SSOs we had to absorb some of the "WHERE IS YOUR MANAGER?! I WANT TO SEE HIM NOW!" "There are obviously loopholes in the planning! Such poor organisation!!!" But you learn to take all these in stride and continue to smile and greet everyone with the same enthusiasm as when you started the day, though your feet may be breaking and you're sweating like the Singapore monsoon season. And it was really great fun seeing the athletes, hearing other people swoon about "the cute blonde cyclist... did you see him!!" And wow the perks are really pretty awesome (: Especially this trip to Universal, of which I would not really go on my own cos tics are so expensive! O: I think YOG was rather successful on the whole actually, personally. Sure there were huuuuuuuuuge protests and complains online (and boy seriously), but everyone had some form of takeaway. And hey, all in the name of good sporting and friendship.
Okay over and out.
Have a good week (:


No comments:
Post a Comment